Chiropractic care can be a wonderful complement to traditional healthcare throughout your pregnancy. I specialize in treating women before, during, and after pregnancy as well as infants and children of all ages. I am certified in the Webster Technique by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association.
Top 5 Reasons You Should See a Chiropractor During Pregnancy
1. Gentle, drug free relief of aches and pains. Common complaints include low back pain, headaches, buttock pain, pubic symphysis dysfunction, leg cramps, upper back pain, round ligament pain, wrist pain, hip pain, etc...
2. To prepare your pelvis for childbirth. By balancing the pelvis and getting it functioning properly, birth can be easier, safer, and faster.
3. To help your baby get in an ideal position for birth. Breech babies, occiput posterior babies, transverse babies, and more, chiropractic care helps get baby in the best position for birth by balancing and reducing tension in your pelvis.
4. To relax. Pregnancy can be stressful on the mind and the body. With pregnancy pillows, most women can lie face down comfortably on the chiropractic table throughout their pregnancy. Treatments are comfortable, relaxing, and soothing.
5. Another perspective on your prenatal care. Your midwife or OB is your primary care provider, but a chiropractor can offer additional advice on pain management, exercise, diet, prenatal vitamins, sleep, and stress management. Chiropractors also serve as a gateway to numerous other perinatal resources such as doulas, acupuncturists, lactation consultants, prenatal yoga classes, mental health care providers, and more.
I organize a free monthly Lunch and Learn meeting for pregnant women and couples to learn about pregnancy and childbirth. Hear from birth experts ranging from midwives, doulas, lactation consultants, and holistic healthcare providers. We discuss a different topic every month, and meet the first Wednesday of every month from 12:30-1:30pm in the Back Bay. See our list of topics and RSVP on our meet-up page.
Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum Care:
Spinning Babies: Incredible resource on optimizing baby's position for a smooth and safe labor.
Fit 2 B: Tips for avoiding diastasis recti in pregnancy and postpartum exercises for healing your abdominal wall.
Sarah Buckley: Great information on gentle, natural birth, and the hormones of labor.
Birth By The Numbers: Accurate, and up to date information on birth practices and outcomes across the US and worldwide.
Childbirth Connection: Evidence based information to inform and guide your pregnancy care.
Mamas on Bedrest: A must read resource if you need to be on bedrest at any point in your pregnancy.
Kelly Mom: Wonderful evidence based information on breastfeeding and parenting resource.
Breastfeeding, Inc: Information and helpful videos of breastfeeding babies.
Baby Begin: Helpful information and videos on the importance of tummy time.
MassBirth: Great directory of resources for the expecting and new parent in Massachusetts
International Chiropractic Pediatric Association: Why kids should see a chiropractor.
Free Podcasts to enjoy:
Birthful: Guest experts on all things birth, pregnancy, and beyond.
Birth, Baby, and Life: The name says it all.
Well Adjusted Mama: Guest experts on topics from preconception to post-partum.
All Things Breastfeeding: Wonderful resource by a board certified lactation consultant.